Preventative care is proactive care. Together with your veterinarian, veterinary exams, recommended vaccines, and recommended diagnostic testing can extend the life of your pet by several years. Who wouldn’t want that? More time with our loyal companion is one of the best gifts of all. To book your pet’s next veterinary exam, give us a call at 306-545-7211.
What does the veterinarian check for during a veterinary exam?
Our veterinarians conduct a nose-to-tail physical evaluation during a veterinary exam. It also includes:
- Inspecting your pet’s oral cavity, teeth, throat, and dental hygiene
- Inspecting the skin for infections and dermatological issues
- Checking your pet’s vision and eyes
- Inspecting ears for infection, ear mites, allergic reaction, and other related health issues
- Checking the functioning of your pet’s respiratory and cardiac function
- Looking for joint problems
How often should senior pets be brought in for a veterinary exam?
It is recommended that senior pets have a veterinary exam twice a year. Our veterinarians can help you understand how often your pet needs a veterinary exam based on a veterinary evaluation.